459 total views, 2 views today
Hey there! I’m Cody Seibert, and welcome to my course Leveling up to ES6!
Why you should learn ES6
A majority of the latest libraries and frameworks are not being written in ES6, so you don’t want to get left behind.
In this course, we are going to overview a majority of the latest features provided in ES6. The strategy I use to introduce these ES6 features is by first (when applicable) showing you how you might have used similar approaches in ES5 and then refactoring the code to resemble ES6. I’ll explain why and when you should be using these features. After finishing this course, you will be great at using these new ES6 features in your day to day programming endeavors.
What you will learn:
You will learn how, when, and why to use a majority of the latest ES6 features after completing this course. Some of the features including:
- const – to declare constant variables
- let – block scoped enabled variables
- block scoping – now your blocks can have variables and functions scoped onto them
- generators – an awesome new way to write iteratable code
- classes – no more having to use some complicated prototype and function hackery to create classes
- Map – an easier to use data structure than just using objects or arrays to create maps
- Set – an easier to use data structure for keeping track of a set of entries
- Promises – an awesome alternative to using callbacks
- Async / Await – yet a better solution for writing synchronous code instead of callbacks and promises
- string interpolation – your strings will now be beautiful
- spread operator – an awesome helper function for concat
- rest operator – a cool operator for passing arguments to and from functions
Similar Courses You Must Check :
Source : UDEMY